- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 fillets anchovies
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes
- 3 healthy sprigs rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 1 can chick peas
- 4 cups chicken broth (better) or water
- 1/2 packet small pasta, like farfalle
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- grated parmesan
- Dice garlic. Cut up anchovies, roughly chop tomatoes.
- Over medium heat, saute garlic, anchovies and two rosemary sprigs until the anchovies are melted.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Sautee 10 or 15 minutes, till the tomatoes are fully cooked. Salt as needed.
- Increase heat and add can of chick peas, with water in the can, and a few cups of boiling water or heated chicken broth. Add last sprig of rosemary. Bring to soft boil.
- Add pasta. The liquid should just barely cover the pasta. Reduce heat to healthy simmer and cook till one minute less than the package recommends. Add water or broth if needed. But remember, the broth should be thick, so add the least amount of liquid possible that still allows the pasta to cook.
- When the pasta is done — to my taste less done than usual — spoon into bowls. Add grated parmesan, ground pepper and a few drops of good olive oil. Perfect.