- 5 garlic cloves
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 5 dashes Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus ¼ cup for finishing
- 3 hearts of romaine, outer leaves discarded, cored to separate and wash leaves
- Cracked black pepper
- Place the garlic, anchovies, mustard, black peppercorn, red wine vinegar, Tabasco, Worcestershire, and lemon juice in a blender. Blend on medium-high speed until a paste is formed and the garlic and peppercorns are completely crushed and blended. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Gently fold in the yogurt and ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano. I like my dressing thick, but you can thin it out a touch by adding a drop or two of water.
- Place the clean, dry romaine leaves in a large mixing bowl. Add ½ cup dressing and use your hands to gently mix until all the leaves are coated. (Store the rest of the dressing in a tightly sealed container in the fridge and keep on hand for the week.)
- Top with the remaining grated Parmigiano and a few twists of black pepper.