- For the vegan chocolate pie
- 1 (12.3-ounce) package of extra firm, silken tofu
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons almond, rice, or soy milk
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups vegan dark chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 1 easy vegan graham cracker crust (recipe below)
- For the easy vegan graham cracker crust
- 12 graham cracker sheets
- 2 tablespoons organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- To make the crust, preheat the oven to 375° F. Place the crackers and sugar in a food processor and pulse to combine. Drizzle in the coconut oil and pulse a few more times, until the crust holds together (you can also mix the crust with your hands). Press the crust firmly into a pie crust pan, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow crust to cool.
- Transfer the tofu, vanilla, almond milk, sea salt, and maple syrup to a food processor or blender and blend well. Melt the chips over a double boiler, and add them to the tofu mix. Blend again.
- Pour chocolate filling into the pie crust and let it set in the fridge for at least three hours. Slice and serve.